the toyota rav4 is sorta like the "aquaman" movie: you enjoy it despite its glaring faults. and while the massively popular compact suv's redesign for 2019 addressed many of the shortcomings of its predecessor — not unlike the vast improvement of "aquaman" over the previous year's abysmal "justice league" — that doesn't mean our rav4 rotten tomatoes rating is gonna be 100 percent fresh. you can see what we mean by reading 's no. 1 most popular news story this week, ticking off the things we like about the 2019 toyota rav4, and those that still ... well, tick us off.
taking his cues from reviewer jennifer geiger's full rav4 review, our brian wong balances the compliments and complaints, with five of each for would-be buyers to consider before driving one off the dealer lot. follow the link below to find out what they are.
in other popular content, our nominees for 's best of 2019 awards dominated top 10 real estate this week, occupying a full 50 percent of the list, starting with our overall best of award nominees announcement at no. 2. this year's nominees for 's top honor include the genesis g70, honda insight, hyundai veloster, jeep wrangler, toyota corolla hatchback and volvo xc40. other awards stories include nominee rundowns for luxury car of the year, family car of the year, most fun-to-drive car of the year and pickup truck of the year. check back in with us on thursday as we start announcing the winners.
in the meantime, here are the 10 news stories readers couldn't get enough of in the past week:
1. 2019 toyota rav4: 5 things we like (and 5 not so much)
2. best of 2019: nominees
3. recall recap: the 5 biggest recalls in december
4. family car of the year: 2019 nominees
5. calling all suvs: ford unveils 2020 explorer-based police interceptor utility
6. luxury car of the year: 2019 nominees
7. most fun-to-drive car of the year: 2019 nominees
8. pickup truck of the year: 2019 nominees
9. 2019 hyundai santa fe review: practicality over performance
10. top 5 videos and reviews of the week: santa fe sneaks up on rav4
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.