our biggest news stories in the first week of 2019 will carry a familiar air about them as suvs and pickup trucks dominate the top placings, but the big surprise this week is the appearance of a new review that launched straight to no. 2. only published thursday, reviewer mike hanley's critique of the 2019 hyundai santa fe made big waves to slot in behind the toyota rav4 among our most read reviews of the past week.
in his review, hanley describes the new santa fe, which replaces the outgoing santa fe sport, as comfortable and well-equipped. overall, he says, "the redesigned 2019 hyundai santa fe should appeal to families shopping the mid-size two-row suv class, but a few drivability issues annoy." if power is your thing, in other words, perhaps you'd better look elsewhere.
on the video front, pickuptrucks.com editor mark williams' first time behind the wheel of the 2019 ford ranger closed out 2018 on top and opens the new year the same way. indeed, ford is well-represented on the video front this week, with the ranger first drive, a head-to-head of the ranger and its class rival 2019 toyota tacoma, and an older video of a hennessey-modified ford f-150 raptor.
for more on that and others, check out the top five reviews and videos of the week below.
top 5 reviews
1. 2019 toyota rav4 review: delivers more, costs more
2. 2019 hyundai santa fe review: practicality over performance
3. 2018 nissan kicks review: impressive value and utility without awd
4. 2019 subaru forester review: new and better, but not shouting it
5. 2019 genesis g70: a delightful sports sedan
top 5 videos
1. 2019 ford ranger: first drive
2. would we buy the 2018 volkswagen atlas again?
4. our week in the tesla model x
5. 2018 ford raptor — hennessey velociraptor 6x6
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.