there's a lot to like about the 2019 mazda cx-3 subcompact suv. whether it's the kodo-themed looks that exude luxury levels of class or the sporty driving experience and safety tech included, the cx-3 makes for a sensible choice for shoppers in the market for a smaller crossover. of particular interest may be what you pay post-purchase — and that includes fuel costs.
the 2019 mazda cx-3's epa-rated fuel economy is a strong 29/34/31 mpg city/highway/combined with front-wheel drive and 27/32/29 mpg with all-wheel drive. that's going to come in handy for less frequent fill-ups considering gas prices rose again this week. the aaa daily fuel gauge report said early thursday that regular ticked upward 4 cents to a national average of $2.45.
here is what it would take to fill the 12.7-gallon tank of a front-drive cx-3, as well as an 11.9-gallon tank of an all-wheel-drive variant based on aaa's posted prices:
- at the national average of $2.45 a gallon for regular, filling the tank from empty would cost $31.12 for fwd models and $29.16 for awd models.
- in missouri, where the average price of regular was the lowest in the u.s. at $2.18, the cost would be $27.69 for fwd and $25.94 for awd.
- in hawaii, where regular was $3.33 and slightly more than california's $3.30 average, the bill would increase to $42.29 for fwd and $39.63 for awd.
prices increased in all but a handful of states the past week, though in many it was by a few pennies or less. aaa said regular increased by 17 cents over the past month. premium, which averaged $3 flat after a 3-cent rise the past week, increased by 14 cents on the month. diesel fuel, which rose 2 cents the past week to also average $3 even nationally, is up 6 cents in the last month.
more from :
- 2019 mazda cx-3 review: good things, but in a small package
- mazda cx-30 brings mazda3 style to all-new small suv
- crash-safety goal post moved for 2019: which cars scored top honors?
- research the 2019 mazda cx-3
prices have trended higher since early january, when oil prices began to rise. motorists have seen pump prices climb higher as more refineries are idled or slow production for scheduled or emergency maintenance, temporarily crimping the gasoline supply.
but even with the recent increases, gas prices were still lower than a year ago on thursday. regular was 8 cents cheaper than a year ago, according to aaa, and premium was 7 cents cheaper. diesel, however, is 6 cents higher.
's editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. in line with 's long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don't accept gifts or free trips from automakers. the editorial department is independent of 's advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.